Who is MetroKitchen.com?
- The oldest on-line kitchen retailer in the world. Started in 1998.
- You can speak with an actual, LIVE person in our office in Atlanta! Each customer service person is an expert in cookware, knives and small appliances. They will even go into the warehouse and look at products to make sure you have all of the information you need.
- A family owned business.
Our guiding principles:
- Treat each customer the way we want to be treated.
- Provide information and expertise to help you select the knife, cookware, small appliance or other kitchen tool that best fits what you want and need.
- Find answers as quickly as possible to your questions about our brands.
How do we pick the top brands for MetroKitchen.com?
We only sell well-made, top quality brands, many with lifetime guarantees. Each of us helps to select and test the brands we sell. If we don't like it, you won't find it at MetroKitchen.com. Every day, we check competitors' prices to make sure we always give you the best possible prices.
Why buy from a family-owned company instead of one of the big guys who sell the same brands?
- You'll get the best possible prices at MetroKitchen.com.
Here's our Price Match Guarantee:
"If you find a better price, we'll match the total price (tax, shipping, handling), as long as the item is in stock and sold by an authorized retailer (this excludes Craigslist, eBay and similar non-authorized sites)."
Here's a look at our warehouse:
- FREEground shipping on everything that's more than $49*, in the continental U.S. We hate paying shipping charges when we order online. So we don't think you should pay them either.
- We don't charge handling fees. To anyone, no matter where they live. We hate paying them. So we don't charge you.
- We ship the same day when you order before 2 pm EST. Later orders ship the next possible business day.
- We can ship so quickly because we carry lots of inventory in our Atlanta warehouse. About 98% of the items on the MetroKitchen website are stocked in our warehouse.
He runs our warehouse.
Lee makes sure our first quality products are what you want. We call it "Lee certified." You'll see his initials on many orders, so you know he checked it and it's what you ordered. That's "Lee certified!"
- We even ship free to the US military at APO's and FPO's. They protect us, we can do a little something for them.
- We answer our phones, with human beings!!! At the Christmas holidays,we're even open on weekends, answering phones, handling orders, making sure your gifts arrive in time for the big celebrations.
He's our customer service manager and one of the world's most rabid baseball fans. He travels anywhere to see The Braves. He knows just about everything you'd want to know about knives and cookware (and baseball)...
- We are happy to answer your questions.
Either on the phone (888-892-9911) or via e mail(email@example.com). If we don't know the answer, we'll do whatever it takes to find the answer for you.
What about this family stuff?
One of us works in the business as the CEO and that's me, Lynn. Since 2005, when we acquired the business from the original founders, I've been immersed in the wonderful world of top quality kitchen brands, such as All-Clad, Wusthof, Vitamix and Henckels.
Prior to MetroKitchen, I was an executive at PepsiCo and General Mills. In one of my jobs, a product manager, I learned the importance of knowing everything about your brands… how they are made, why people buy them, where they are made. That's why MetroKitchen is an expert on the brands we sell. Each employee at MetroKitchen, no matter what their job, is trained by the people who make the brands sold on our website. Some of us are knife experts, some are cookware fanatics, others know everything about coffee. In fact the manufacturer of one brand we sell often refers customers to us or calls us when they can't answer a question!
Many of us have even visited brand factories, both in the US and in Europe, including All-Clad, Mauviel French copper and Wusthof German knives. It's amazing how much more you can learn about a product when you see it being made. Every year, each brand we sell provides us with additional training so we stay on top of improvements to better answer your questions.
In addition to the CEO role at MetroKitchen.com, I am on the board of directors of Abarta, Inc, a $300 million company that is a Coca-Cola bottler, has an energy exploration business and several other companies. I'm also a board member of Kahiki frozen foods and Trophikos Nutraceuticals. I also try to give back to the community, serving as a National Trustee of the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, the oldest art school and art museum in the U.S. and several other community organizations.
Why just top brands?
We only want to provide you with products that work well and last. We very carefully select the brands for the MetroKitchen website. We want brands each of us like, have tried and use. We don't need to sell everything for the kitchen. We just want to sell the best brands for YOUR kitchen.
Does MetroKitchen have coupon codes available?
We do not offer MetroKitchen coupons as we offer the lowest possible prices. If you find a product on our site available at another retailer, we will match their price. Please see our price match guarantee for more details.
How do we test products? Just as you might!
To test new items, we take them home, give them to our friends and find out how the stuff really works. Do you read directions? I don't. I try to figure out how to use something just by playing with it. If it's too complicated, but we still like it, we add information to MetroKitchen.com to help you. If the product is too complicated, and we have doubts about its quality, we won't carry it. No matter how much money we can make by selling it.
We want our customers to know and trust the products they buy on MetroKitchen and come back to buy more, for gifts or for themselves. We stand behind all the brands we sell on MetroKitchen.com. In fact, many items, like All-Clad cookware or Wusthof knives come with lifetime guarantees! How's that for putting your money where your mouth is?
Enough about us…what about you?
Why buy from MetroKitchen.com?
- Free shipping over $49 (in the continental US)
- Ships same day! Order by 2 p.m., EST
- Best possible prices backed by a price match guarantee
- Top brands—only the best for you!
- Experts answer our phones and emails
We have thousands of different items in our warehouse, but if there's a brand you'd like us to carry, please let us know (888-892-9911 or firstname.lastname@example.org).