- Razor-sharp edge stays sharp longer as a result of Shun's VG-10 extra hard steel
- This steel also makes it highly resistant to rust and staining.
- Ergonomic design relieves the discomfort of heavy chopping.
- A curved bolster, or separation between the blade and handle, makes the knife easier to hold and use for extended periods.
- Beautiful PakkaWood handle
- Why you'll like:
- More Information
- Care & Use
- Blade measures 7 inches long
- Blade plus handle measure 12 inches long
- Forged from stainless steel
- PakkaWood handle combines resin and hard birch wood plus 2 rivets for beauty and strength.
- Shun knives meet very high standards for commercial use. They have an NSF approval.
- Limited lifetime warranty from Shun with normal use and proper care.
- Made in Japan
- MetroKitchen.com recommends washing your knives by hand and immediately drying them. Do not let your knives soak in water.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts, as they may stain the surface of your knives.
- For longer lasting knives, cut on a wooden cutting board. Cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass quickly dulls blades.
- To maintain a sharper cutting edge, use a sharpening steel, preferably each time after using your knives.
- It's best to store your Shun knife so the edge and your fingers are protected, preferably in a block or in-drawer knife tray.
- We suggest using a meat cleaver when you need to cut through bone, otherwise you can damage your knife blade.
- Shun knives don't need frequent sharpening because they are made from 32 extremely durable layers of stainless steel.
- Lifetime limited warranty from Shun with normal use and proper care.
- Made in Japan
- Free lifetime sharpening from Shun. Pay only for shipping; $5 for the first knife, $2 for each additional knife. Please print and complete this form and ship to Shun with the knives you'd like to have sharpened.
FREE GIFTS WITH YOUR PURCHASE!
*Order has to be $500 or greater to qualify. Smaller, separate orders cannot be combined. Gift Certificate redemption instructions will be sent in your order confirmation.