Once you use this stunning Kikuichi Hammered Damascus 6 inch chef's knife with perfect balance and exquisite feel in your hand, you'll never want to use another knife!Its balance and light weight comes from an extremely thin, but very hard and sharp, Japanese steel blade.A hard steel blade holds a sharp edge longer, so you can rely on this knife for a great edge every time you use it.A full tang and carefully crafted handle length provide the perfect balance.Every aspect of Kikuichi knives are carefully thought out to please both the eye and the hand.Each knife is hand forged, hand tempered, hand sharpened and hand finished.Because Kikuichi knives are largely hand-crafted, each Kikuichi knife is unique! Knives will have slight variations, even within a set.Free lifetime sharpening from KikuichiLifetime warranty from KikuichiHandcrafted in Japan
- Blade measures 6 inches x 1-1/2 inches (153mm x 37mm), Handle measures 4-3/4 inches (120mm), Total knife measures 10-3/4 inches (273mm).
- Edge retention better when used on meat, fish, or poultry rather than when used on high-acid citrus or tomatoes
- Each blade has a double bevel cutting edge.
- Be especially cautious when handling the very sharp Kikuichi knives.
- Do not cut on stone, glass, metal or other hard surfaces which will dull all knife blades
- Do not attempt to use on frozen meat or cut through bones. Use only meat cleavers to cut through meat or chicken bones. Blades of any knives can be damaged attempting to cut through frozen meat or bones.
- If you want to re-sharpen at home use only a water stone sharpener, or have a professional experienced in sharpening Japanese knives sharpen your Kikuichi
- Lifetime warranty from Kikuichi with normal use and proper care
- Free lifetime sharpening, contact Kikuichi at 201-567-8388 for instructions
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Immediately wash knives after slicing citrus or tomatoes. The high acid content of these foods can quickly break down carbon steel. If discoloration or rust occurs, it can be cleaned with Bar Keepers Friend or similar non-abrsaive cleaning products
- Hand wash with warm water and mild detergent.
- Do not put Kikuichi knives in the dishwasher
- Rinse and dry immediately to prevent discoloration of high carbon steel knives
- Store knife in a safe place, ideally with a blade protector, to protect the edge and prevent injury.
- Do not attempt to use on frozen meat or cut through bones. Use only meat cleavers to cut through meat or chicken bones. Blades of any knives can be damaged attempting to cut through frozen meat or bones, which will invalidate the Kikuichi lifetime warranty.
- Kikuichi offers free lifetime sharpening. For instructions, call 201-567-8388.
- Or, if you want to re-sharpen at home use only a water stone sharpener.