The versatile Industry5 Stainless Steel 5.5 qt. Steamer has many other uses, like heating up frozen dumplings, cooking tamales, re-heating rice, or blanching vegetables. Thanks to its stay-cool, easy-to-grip handles, you can comfortably maneuver the insert from the stovetop to the sink. The dripless pouring rim eliminates spills.
- For the best cooking performance, we recommend heating the pan for 1-2 minutes prior to adding food. Use a low to medium heat setting.
- Suitable for all cooking surfaces--induction, gas, electric, halogen, ceramic.
- Regular cookware is oven and broiler safe up to 660° F; non-stick cookware is safe up to 450° F
- Add salt after water has started to boil, otherwise small white dots or pits can form. Pitting does not interfere with cooking, it just doesn't look good and can be easily avoided.
- To keep non-stick surfaces from scratching, use nylon or plastic utensils
- Don't leave highly acidic foods in your cookware for more than 6 hours (examples include: tomato sauce, lemon juice, vinegar and more)
- Dishwasher safe, but hand washing recommended
- To remove food residue and stains, use a nylon scrubbing pad and a fine-powdered cleanser. Steel wool, scouring pads and bleach-based cleaners not recommended.
- Overheating can cause blue or brown discoloration. Remove with fine-powdered cleaners.
- We recommend allowing cookware to cool prior to washing, otherwise warping may occur.
- Lifetime warranty from Demeyere with normal use and proper care.