To maintain your knife blade edge, it is very important to use a honing steel on a regular basis. By using a honing steel it will lessen the amount of times you will need to sharpen your knives. A honing steel re-aligns the edge of the knife blade. Using a sharpening steel each time you use your knives will keep the edge aligned, resulting in a sharper, safer knife.
- Honing steel measures 10.2 inches long; 14 inches with handle
- Made in Seki, Japan
- lifetime warranty
- Hand wash only
- MetroKitchen.com recommends washing your knives by hand and then immediately drying them. Do not let your knives soak in water.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts, as they may stain the surface of your knives.
- For longer lasting knives, cut on a wooden or wood fiber cutting boards. Cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass quickly dulls blades.
- To maintain a sharper cutting edge, use a sharpening steel, preferably each time after using your knives.
- It's best to store your Zwilling Henckels knife so the edge and your fingers are protected, preferably in a block or in-drawer knife tray.
- We suggest using a meat cleaver when you need to cut through bone, otherwise you can damage your knife blade.
- Lifetime warranty from Zwilling J.A. Henckels with normal use and proper care.
- Made in Seki,Japan.