This beautiful Japanese style boning knife Shun Premier Honesuki
has a lifetime guarantee from Shun against defects in construction with normal use and proper care.
- Beautiful and comfortable PakkaWood handle in walnut
- Has an edge that stays razor-sharp for longer thanks to the VG-MAX steel core
- Resists rust and stains because it's clad with 34 layers of stainless steel
- Hand-hammered blade finish is attractive and helps keep food from sticking
- Limited lifetime warranty from Shun with normal use and proper care.
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Blade measures 4 1/2 inches long
- Blade plus handle measure 10 inches long
- Knife has an extremely sharp edge because the innermost layer of the knife is made from VG-MAX high carbon super steel.
- Extra strong and durable because of an additional 34 layers of patented, SUS410 stainless steel are bonded to the rust-resistant core blade.
- Hand-hammered blade finish
- PakkaWood handle made from a combination of resin and white birch with a walnut finish.
- Rockwell hardness is 61
- Shun knives meet very high standards for commercial use. They have an NSF approval.
- Limited lifetime warranty with normal use and proper care.
- Handcrafted in Japan
- MetroKitchen.com recommends washing your knives by hand and immediately drying them. Do not let your knives soak in water.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts, as they may stain the surface of your knives.
- For longer lasting knives, cut on a wooden cutting board. Cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass quickly dulls blades.
- To maintain a sharper cutting edge, use a sharpening steel, preferably each time after using your knives.
- It's best to store your Shun knife so the edge and your fingers are protected, preferably in a block or in-drawer knife tray.
- We suggest using a meat cleaver when you need to cut through bone, otherwise you can damage your knife blade.
- Shun knives don't need frequent sharpening because they are made from 32 extremely durable layers of stainless steel.
- Lifetime limited warranty from Shun with normal use and proper care.
- Made in Japan
- Free lifetime sharpening from Shun. Pay only for shipping; $5 for the first knife, $2 for each additional knife. Please print and complete this form and ship to Shun with the knives you'd like to have sharpened.