The Sora Collection features traditional Japanese blade and handle shapes.
- A proprietary blend of a VG10 steel cutting edge and Japanese 420J stainless upper blade, fitted together and welded with a traditional wavy pattern at the join.
- Polymer blend handle which provides a secure grip and easy maintenance.
- Sora 8 inch Chef's Knife
- Sora Combination Honing Steel
- 4-slot Bamboo Block
- MetroKitchen.com recommends washing your knives by hand and immediately drying them. Do not let your knives soak in water.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts, as they may stain the surface of your knives.
- For longer lasting knives, cut on a wooden cutting board. Cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass quickly dulls blades.
- To maintain a sharper cutting edge, use a sharpening steel, preferably each time after using your knives.
- It's best to store your Shun knife so the edge and your fingers are protected, preferably in a block or in-drawer knife tray.
- We suggest using a meat cleaver when you need to cut through bone, otherwise you can damage your knife blade.
- Limited lifetime warranty from Shun with normal use and proper care.
- Hand crafted in Japan